Acronis restore speed doubt

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by WSFfan, Sep 18, 2014.

1. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Can an OS partition on HDD be restored in 7 seconds with Acronis True Image Home or any Acronis product?

Does Acronis have fast restore speeds like AX64 Time Machine has on HDDs?

What are your restore times while restoring OS partition with Acronis products?

I have seen an Acronis user claiming a restore time of 7 seconds while restoring OS Partition image on HDD.Is it possible?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

7 seconds is BS.

3. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

They called me as dumb user,when asked if it is possible to do so.:thumb:

4. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Acronis is an imaging program, so it did not have such feature.

5. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Would restoring a differential backup or incremental image take more time than restoring a full backup image with any Acronis product and why?

6. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

@WSFfan,
    What Acronis says is worth reading. I'm only familiar with ATI v10 and v11, still I'd think this applies. First link is about timing, others are related and interesting to know.:
    http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ABR11/index.html#1370.html
    http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ABR11/index.html#14418.html
    http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ABR11/index.html#14021.html

Every restore I did usually takes roughly the same time as the imaging. Longer if you restore using Acronis boot CD. Less than twice the time than restoring from the application. For me, accuracy is the only important criteria I ever used, don't care if restore took a day so long as it's correct. On that Acronis never failed me.

7. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

@oliverjia Does Acronis True Image provide option like Restore Only Changed Sectors like Image for Linux? :doubt:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  8. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

You could probably restore a blank empty partition in 7 seconds. The system partition will vary greatly depending on how much data you have. Mine takes an hour and a half.

10. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

I am not sure - I only used the full backup/restore feature of Acronis, so I am not 100% sure if my understanding is correct or not. I think the restore of a differential backup will work similar to IFL's "Restore only changed sectors" feature? Granted, Acronis (and most other disk imaging software) will need the baseline full backup present in the same folder as the differential backup in order to perform this differential restore, however the end results would be the same. Therefore, shorter time is needed for restoring a differential backup.

I stand corrected.

11. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

With Acronis a differential backup is differential from the base image, not the hard drive. The only time savings would be in performing a differential backup vs. a full backup. Restoring should make no difference and will still take some time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.