Acronis restore crashes with Exception 00 Error 0000

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by matteni, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matteni

matteni Registered Member

Purchased brand new Compaq Presario 2100 and tried to restore from Acronis 6,7,8 all with different media and the only one that will even boot is a Version 7 Safe Mode Disk.

With the version 7 safe mode disk I am able to select the backup (ironically it boots from the internal CD but does not allow the internal CD to be a restore drive).

I plugged in my USB simpletech hard drive and browsed to a known good image and right at the moment you select the laptop as the destination drive, it flashes a screen full of error codes and reboots back to the TI welcome screen.

The first line of the error message is:

Exception 00 occured with error code 0000
    EAX=00000000 EBX=005c6908 ECX=

and then the rest of the error looks like some kind of memory dump.

We have been long time supporters of TI (just bought a bunch of copies of 8 this week) and would appreciate good service in getting this resolved.

Nick M.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nick --

Please, can you tell me what error are you getting when booting from the full version of the CD?

Thank you.

3. matteni

matteni Registered Member

No error - I get the welcome screen, then a black screen with nothing. I have let it go as long as 15 mins - still nothing but a black screen.

I have tried booting from an external USB CD-Rom drive and the same problems with both the full version (black screen) and the safe version (error page).

Also - I get the error dump page regardless of what operation I try. For example - if I try to verify the image (which I did successfully on another machine) it crashes too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.