Acronis Remote Agent

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HerrPaschulke, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HerrPaschulke

HerrPaschulke Registered Member

Hello, we have the following problem:

======Mail to Acronis Support 2008-02-11=================
    I have this problem

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=199469&highlight=Acronis Remote Agent

with Build 8039 with a Trial license. We want to buy about 50
    Workstation licenses and 5 Server licenses. But we have a problem
    with the Remote Agent (connecting with the Remote Console). It
    crashes at the remote computer with the attached message at the
    server.
    What can we do to solve it?
    ==================================================

2. HerrPaschulke

than I got this answer:

=====Mail from Support=====

Please edit %windows%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file on the computers with the Agent and add the following string:

IP_ADDRESS_OF_BS DNS_NAME_OF_BS

(where IP_ADDRESS_OF_BS is the IP address of the problem computer with Acronis Backup Server and DNS_NAME_OF_BS is its DNS name)

=======================

BUT IT DIDN'T SOLVED MY PROBLEM :-(

3. HerrPaschulke

Mail-Answer to Arconis Support:

=============================
    Hello,

I made a new finding to this case. I installed a new "TrueImageEnterpriseServerEcho_d_en" Build 8039 in our Test-Domain, it's clean of such products, there was never a Acronis Software installed on it. I installed on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 with the following steps:
    => Management Console
    => Backup Server
    => Group Server
    => Echo Enterprise Server (accepting the True Image Backup Archive Explorer) => Reboot

And than after pushing the Acronis Remote Agent to a Windows 2000 Prof. SP4, Windows XP Prof. SP2 and a other Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 + reboot of them I'm getting again the attached message "001.jpg" connecting a remote agent client. The version of the Management Console is attached with "002.jpg", is there a newer one available?

I've got currently not installed any license-manager because this installation-package is not available at the "TrueImageEnterpriseServerEcho_d_en.exe"-Package. Do I need one to manage the whole applications of Acronis? Is this the reason the Agents are not responding and shuting down the service?
    (at my first german installation at other servers there was a license manager to install, otherwise no application was able to run the installation clean)

I need really urgent help because I have to make some tests with this bare metal restore software because we want to buy licenses for about 50 clients + servers. But we can't buy it when it doesn't work :-(

=============================

NO REPLY FROM ACRONIS SUPPORT, so I want to try it here. Perhaps there's somebody here who can help me with this problem with the Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise system trial.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      155.2 KB
      Views:
  4. Chriz

Chriz Registered Member

Same problem here.
    Having this Problem on 6 Servers after an update to Echo. (No trial!)
    I have this problem on terminal servers, database servers, application servers and so on....
    The credentials are absolutly correct, doesnt matter in which syntax i enter them (username@domain, domain\username, FQDN\username, username@FQDN, FQUN).

I getting really frustrated now, as i have encountered more problems with Echo in one week than with the 9.1 in a few month.

/edit:
    Sorry, did not read as carefully as i should have.
    No there is no newer version available.

Cheers,

Chris

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Enterprise Server Disk Backup software

Please note that the latest build of English version of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server is #8039. Could you please download and install the latest build (please update all components) and check if the issue is fixed?

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

6. MHarmony

MHarmony Registered Member

I have had this issue too try to click on the button and put anything in here for the username and password.

Username: a
    Password: a

they do not have to be correct.

hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.