Acronis reduced my hard drive capacity

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kmit028, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmit028

kmit028 Registered Member

Hi,
    I installed Acronis True Image Home (ATIH) trial on win2000. Then I wanted to create a secure zone on my Seagate ST3200827AS hard drive ( http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/detail/0,1081,721,00.html ) and set the size of secure zone to 10GB, then after processing my hard drive went form 200GB to 130GB, I then quickly removed the secure zone but my hard drive remained at 130GB instead of 200GB.
    NOTE: when I first installed this hard drive I had to install it using seagate's special Disk Wizard ( http://www.seagate.com/support ) in order to realise the full 200GB capacity of the hard drive, this required a formating of the drive. I definately dont wont to reinstall the hard drive again as my operating system is on it.

Please if anyone can help??

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Making any changes to or removing a secure zone should always be done using the Acronis Manage Secure Zone Wizard. If you deleted the zone any other way you will have unallocated space on the hard drive which will not show up on any of your drive letters.
    Even if you used the wizard to remove the zone you may have missed the step where you tell it where to allocate the freed up space.

I suggest you recreate a secure zone from the unallocated space it should find on your disk. Then finish this process. The next step is to restart the Zone wizard and follow the steps to remove the zone taking care to check the option to allocate the space to you drive letter/s.

3. kmit028

kmit028 Registered Member

Hi again.
    Just want to thank Xpilot for the rapid fast response, your suggestion worked perfectly. Thanks again.:D

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Great to hear a sucessfull outcome! I expect when you have bought your copy of True Image, which you surely will!, you will visit here from time to time. You must however be very carefull because it is only too easy to become addicted to the charms of this community [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.