Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange - not finding mailboxes

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by mrpuppy, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpuppy

mrpuppy Registered Member

I am testing out this product on my new Exchange deployment as a possible backup solution. It installed fine and I deployed the agent to the Exchange server. I did have to download and install the MAPI msi from Microsoft as was suggested by the app itself.

The problem I am having is when I start to define the backup script, it asks me which storage group(s) I want to backup and when I select #1, it doesn't see any mailboxes. I don't have any public folders yet so I am not too worried about that but I do have several dozen mailboxes already.

It sees my Exchange database as being 28 GB which is correct but just not seeing how many mailboxes.

Anyone else having this problem and if so how might I solve?

I am running Exchange 2007 Enterprise on Windows Server 2003 X64, Quad core Xeon, 8GB RAM. The backup srever is Windows Server 2003 X64 as well.

Thanks!

2. baselinept

baselinept Registered Member

Hi,

The way I solved this was to create another user account and make it a member of the following groups:
    Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, Exchange Admins and Backup Operators.

Of course, the Domain Admins group assigns privileges that superseds the ones is the Backup Operators group, but truth of the matter is that it only started working when I made the user a member of that group... Seems like there is some bug in Acronis for Exchange AD integration...

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.