Acronis Recovery for Exchange Multiple Problems - Not Happy

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by sixth, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sixth

sixth Registered Member

Well...I am starting to regret my purchase of this software, it is one BUGGY mofo from what I have used so far. I am hoping someone out there has had some good experience with it. Below are my issues:

-When I backup the Information Store, the backup takes 12 mins to do 11.5 GB and about 2 mins to do a incremental. perfect! BUT! when I do a MAILBOX backup, it takes FOREVER, I never actually let it finish because it just took a RIDICULOUS amount of time.

-When I try to restore email, individual messages, the program just sits there and searches forever, it never stops, plus it just pegs the server CPU(of the machine I am connected to) (Windows Search service and agent.exe and another aconis process). Whats the deal??!! Why isnt it doing the search on the machine the files are STORED ONo_Oo_O Instead it does a search on Exchange than to storage locationo_O

-I am very disappointed, has anyone had good experience with this software for exchange? It seems like it could be good there are just sooo many bugs and problems.

Thanks!

Sixth

2. 3aFaReeT

3aFaReeT Registered Member

Well.
    the product is a bit weird
    it worked for me perfectly in my external exchange 2003 setup.
    but when i tried it on my internal exchange ( cluster ) setup it's not working...
    multiple error messages..
    I've posted them in a post.. but unfortunatlly no reply to it

actually i bought the product after they confirmed to me it'll work for the cluster environment.

I'm really disappointed with their support... since it's a critical product and the support should be much more better than this

3. John_BAS

John_BAS Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem. Its now a High Priority case with support but i still dont have a solution. I need to restore some e-mails pretty fast but it seems like its not gonna work....

Just my two cents of this crappy product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.