acronis recovery cannot detect my external hd!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dingobiatch, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dingobiatch

dingobiatch Registered Member

ahh, this is horrible. my computer has some bad virus on it, so i want to restore from an image on my iogear 120gb external hd (its called a tri-touch i believe). however, when i boot into the acronis recovery manager, two things happen.
    first of all, when it is just a booting screen with acronis recovery displayed at the top left, all of a sudden i get a line in the console that says 'usb-ochi.c error - USB HC TakeOver failed!'. and when it finally does load up completely, i try to navigate to my external hd and it is not even in the list. ive tried turning the hd on and off, unplugging it and connecting it again. nothing is working. help!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello dingobiatch,

If the acpi=off noapic workaround in the link provided by MiniMax doesn't work, create a "Safe" version of the bootable rescue CD and try restoring after booting from that. Depending on the make and model of your motherboard and its BIOS, the external USB HD may just possibly be detected.

Regards

4. Euser

Euser Registered Member

More than likely you will have to request the Bart's PE plugin from acronis support and then build the CD. Check out Ultimate Boot CD for Windows. I have done this and almost successfully recovered my image... (My image was corrupt and would not restore -- Many people have had problems with corrupt images on external hard drives) Hopefully your image is good. At least with the bootable windows environment (BARTS PE) my external drives are visable and acronis can access them. (Now if the plugin would allow me to explore my corrupt images I could at least recover some of my files....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.