Acronis Recover For Exchange - IS Restore seems to restore nothing

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by nsnoonan, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsnoonan

nsnoonan Registered Member

I've got Acronis Recovery for Exchange (ARE) installed on my windows 2003 r2 exchange 2007 box. I have both mailbox and IS backups going nightly. When I test a mailbox restore, it seems to work fine, restoring any objects that reside in that backup. However, when I restore one of my IS backups, ARE logs will say everything completed successfully, but make no changes to the actual data.

Is there something I'm missing with my IS backups/restores? I'm backing up and restoring the entire information store. The backups seem to grow with the amount of data I'm backing up, so I'd think that's working correctly.

Am I supposed to do anything specific with Exchange Services when restoring an Information Store?

2. nsnoonan

I may have answered my own problem by reading the manual :)

There's a note about clearing Outlook Cache after restoring an IS. I'll do another restore and check that out.

3. nsnoonan

That seems to have helped but I'm not entirely sure it's restored everything. I'll continue testing.

4. sixth

sixth Registered Member

I am just curious, what was your process to restore an information store? Did you restore it to a new machine or to the same machine? If you restored it to a new machine what was your process? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.