Acronis questions..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 1006, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1006

1006 Registered Member

Hey Guys,

I just downloaded the Acronis True image server 9.1 Trial... I have two questions:

1. Is the trial version the FULL version with a limited time to use it?
    2. I can now runn acronis 9.1 without rebooting my server? which means i can make an image with my server running??

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Re: Acronis questoins..

I believe the TI restrictions are the same across the product line which would mean that you can use it within Windows for 15 days and have all features.

The bootable rescue CD you create will allow existing images to be restored but will not create an image. This is because it does not have a time limit restriction.

TI backs up while Windows is running.

3. 1006

1006 Registered Member

So this means that if i use it as a GUI and back up your server, you will be able to restore everything back to normal right? Obviously i think you will first have to create a boot cd for it to restore your images

4. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

You can restore after you purchase True Image. The backup you make with the trial version then be used to restore. If Acronis allowed people to restore with a trial copy they would not have to buy the program.

5. 1006

1006 Registered Member

So i can basically make an image but not restore it with the trial version.. I guess it will slow down the system quite a lot when i come to make the image right? Will i have to close all applications etc?

6. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

That is incorrect. Last evening, I installed the 15 day trial. Did a backup of Windows Vista Ultimate...wiped my raid array clean...and restored using the bootable CD made with TI 10...successfully! Then I did a second backup to make sure that the first one wasn't a fluke...and again...a successful restoration of Vista. Yes, you can restore with the trial version.

Bob

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Most of us on this forum likely are not running the server version so can't comment from personal experience. But FWIW, AFAIK you don't have to close all applications and you can likely set the priority you want TI to run; this can be done in the Home product.

It would be nice if some Server version users came forward with their real-life experience running in an active server environment. My advice is to test, test, test, test if your data backup is critical and you haven't done a test until you've done a restore with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.