Acronis putting image on D: instead

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by r00t3d0ut, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r00t3d0ut

r00t3d0ut Registered Member

I am trying to recover an image made with Acronis but my CD drive is showing up as C: so the recovered partition is D:.

Any thoughts?

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Are you referring the drive letters assigned while using the Rescue CD?

Assign names to your drives. The drive letters assigned by Acronis is meaningless. Don't identify your drives by letters. Identify by names.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello r00t3d0ut,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try choosing "Do not assign a drive letter", and restoring "MBR and Track 0" along with the partition.
    If the issue persists, please partition the target drive before restoring the image (you can format and partition an unformatted hard drive using Windows installation disk)

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you sure your C (Windows boot drive) is being seen at all?

Give your drive/partition where the image is stored a name as GroverH suggested. That way you will know whether your C drive is visible.

5. r00t3d0ut

r00t3d0ut Registered Member

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Here's what I did:

I booted to a Windows installation disc and created a partition but I pressed F3 immediately so that the installation went no further. I then booted to the Acronis CD and miraculously the C: drive was present and not used by the CD-ROM drive.

Now when I boot, I receive the following message:

Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
    Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

When you examined the disk from the Windows installation disc, were there partitions already on the drive?

Did you delete any partitions to make room for the new partition or did you create the new partition on "unallocated" space?

What version of Windows are you using?

What version and build of TrueImage are you using.

It's possible that you deleted your previous installation of Windows, but that's not really a problem since you want to restore the backup image.

Have you given your USB drive a name as GroverH suggested?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.