Acronis privacy expert

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Welshgit, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshgit

Welshgit Registered Member

Hi Peop's

I'm just trying out the new Privacy suite software and find that in the file shredder, if i select all the files in a folder, the folder is automatically selected for scrubbing as well, this was not the behaviour of version 7.xx where just the files were shredded and i could choose to shred or not the folder.

This is a pain as i had a specific folder on my desktop i just right clicked and shredded the contents, now i kill the folder as well and so have to recreate it each time!

Have i missed a setting somewhere or is this in fact broken.

2. Welshgit

I see from an email notifier that zebis posted a reply to this, could you expand please?

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

his post/s were removed by myself at his request - seems somebody may have been playing around at his PC with his username.

4. Welshgit

I understand.

I didnt want to miss some feedback hence my checking.

Thanks for your responce.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Welshgit,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Privacy Expert Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/privacyexpert/).

Current build of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite doesn't allow you to delete all the files in folder leaving the folder itself untouched. We have forwarded your notice to our Development Team and expect them to fix the problem soon.

As a workaround you may navigte to the desired folder in Windows Explorer, select all the files and choose "Wipe with Acronis Privacy Expert Suite". This will wipe the files but will leave the folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Welshgit

Hi Ilya

Thanks for getting back to me, its good to see that it something you intend to fix. Is there a feedback path somewhere here so i can check progress of this.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Welshgit,

You may send a letter to support@acronis.com indicating in the subject that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. In the letter please include the link to this thread and as soon as fix is implemented I will notify you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Welshgit

Many thanks Ilya, i've just done this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.