Acronis on...computer usage zooms!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by timmy, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy

timmy Registered Member

Our CPU usage monitor zooms to 90% and stays there whenever the Acronis ver 8 is opened. We have to click control-allt-delete and cancel the "acronis.exe" process in the task manager. When we do this, then the CPU usage monitor goes back down to idle (1-5%). Can you advise what is going on here? Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello timmy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create a screenshot of processes in Windows Task Manager, also please create System Information File (*NFO) and send gathered information to support@acronis.com? We will certainly investigate this problem.

Also you can try to download Acronis True Image 9.0 trial version and see whether the problem remains.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Nothing like that happens on any of the machines I've used with Acronis.

I have had this situation arise with another kind of software, though. A reinstall was required to purge the unknown but corrupted file that was gumming up the works.

sh

4. timmy

timmy Registered Member

Thanks Irina and Mr. Shieber. I took Mr. S's advice first, and removed and reinstalled the program few minutes ago. So far...? that seems to have solved the problem. The CPU meter is staying below 5 (before it was 95!).

Also when the machine before was running at full speed, it made some noise! Guess that was the hard drive, but it sounded more like FANS going very fast. Do the FANS also increase their speed when the hard drive does? Anyhow, hoping that bad problem does not come back. My machine would have burned itself out probably. If any one knows about the fans and would give that info, apprec. Rdgs

p/s A possible clue. Before, when this problem was going on, the process "trueimage.exe" was running all the time in the task manager. That and a process called "trueimagemonitor.exe" Now I notice that only the trueimagemonitor.exe is running as a process, not the "trueimage.exe." What is the story on that? Hope you can tell. Thanks again.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If the hard disks are working hard, they generate more heat, which can, in some systems, increase the overall system temperature. If the fans inthe computer are thermally controlled, increased case temperature can increase the speed of the fans.

Sounds like a corrupt file had you disks working overtime, like in a loop. Glad to here it's cleared up.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.