Acronis not recognizing Disk partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by port80, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. port80

port80 Registered Member

I am running TI 8.0 B903. It is the trial version because I want to make sure this works. I am running xp service pack 2. TI always sees my External firewire drive as being unallocated space. Windows drive manager sees the partition with the drive letter fine. Pictures below.

TI can still write images to the drive the problem is when I boot up into linux it doesn't see the drive. However it can find it if I use add new drive in linux. Once again it sees the space as unallocated. This is unfortunately an external firewire drive with the Prolific pl3507. Its a Dell inspiron 8200 with a TI 1394 controller. However when it is booted in Win xp and disk manager can see it, why can't TI see it.

I can read and write in Windows no problem.

Attached Files:

• T1_1.jpg
      T1_1.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello port80,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe where exactly you don't see the drive when you boot with Acronis Bootable CD? Is the space on the drive shown as unallocated under Windows in all the wizards?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.