Acronis Migrate Easy 7 Error

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by cecdc7731, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cecdc7731

cecdc7731 Registered Member

I got this error when try to clone my old 40G hard drive to a new 200 G hard drive. I am running Windows XP and the original master disc is dynamic NTFS.

Here's the error message: The hard disk with the unsupported structure cannot be selected as the source disk for cloning.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

nvm srry

3. Kreddigan

Kreddigan Registered Member

I have a problem with downloaded free version 7 of Acronis Migrate Easy. I recently installed a new 160GB hard drive and I want to transfer the contents of my old 4.3G drive to it before I upgrade Windows 98 to Windows XP. I tried the Easy program twice. After being instructed to reboot after deleting "partitions on the destination hard disk" (page 15 of User's Guide), my computer restarts several times, but can't reboot normally. It eventually comes up in SAFE MODE. I can't determine the problem. Something appears to be corrupted or overwritten in the boot up sequence/files. I could only restore normal bootup by re-installing Windows 98 on old drive. I hope that someone can shed some light on what may be happening. It appears from testimonials that the program works well for other users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.