Acronis & Memory

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rico, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

With TI 10 I do not use scheduler, can this service be disabled, or placed in manual, stop the service & not have the service re-started with the next boot?

Do trueimagemonitor & timountermonitor, need to start with each boot?

Note: I backup on Sundays, therefore TI really does not do anything most of the week, except use mem.

Thanks
    Rico

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I have never used scheduler on any version of Acronis TI so assume it is off by default. In startup I have nothing loaded for Acronis BUT I only make and restore full images -- nothing fancy.

3. ScaryBob

ScaryBob Registered Member

I don't know if there is an approved way to do this. Two fairly "safe" methods I know of to disable startup services are:

1. Right click on My Computer, select Manage. In Computer Management, select Services and Applications -> Services. Right click on the service you want to disable (Acronis Scheduler2) and select Properties. Change the startup type to disabled.

2. Download a utility called AutoRuns. The Acronis Scheduler service can be disabled under either the Logon or Services tab.

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I know how to turn off 'schedul2.exe' the question is, is this needed for some other aspect of TI. Or should I turn this off will my backup images & restore process work well?

Thanks
    Rico

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Try searching the forum.

AFAIK from V9, all TI tasks including manual backups are "scheduled" and if you stop them then you will not be able to run a backup.

The various TI routines are swapped to disk when not in use. There has been discussion on tweaking the services etc before and as always it boils down to personal point of view. I personally prefer to run things as intended and make use of the OS's capability to handle these things as required since the net impact on most systems is zero in the real world (that is not to say there aren't some that are a drain on resources). Sure, you can add up the fractions of a second to swap to disk and the fact it has got some entry in a table but I don't really care if the system runs fine. If I did, I'd still run DOS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.