Acronis Media Builder does not work

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by djdoc, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdoc

djdoc Registered Member

I just purchased Acronis Power Utilities, mostly for the DriveCleanser program. After many futile attempts I cannot get the Media Builder for the DriveCleanser to burn a bootable CD. It goes into the burn mode and freezes there. After waiting about 15 minutes it becomes obvious that it is not working/burning the CD. I then have to re-boot my computer to unfreeze it. I have tried several different blank CD's but it still does not work. My CD burner works fine when using Nero. o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djdoc,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis System Utility Suite.

Please boot into Windows Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose Safe mode to boot into) and burn the CD after that. Also we recommend you to update third party CD writing software if any to the latest version available for free on its respective web site. If this does not help, please try the following workaround.

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. djdoc

djdoc Registered Member

Re: Acronis Media Builder still does not work

Tried all your suggestions. Media builder still will not burn cd. Is there a link
    you can email me so I can download and burn bootable cd for Acronis DriveCleanser? :eek:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Acronis Media Builder still does not work

Hello djdoc,

I am really sorry for the problem being not solved. Please send a proof of your purchase (your serial number) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate that you want to get ISO file for Acronis Drive Cleanser. We will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.