Acronis Malware Shield is not started yet

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by yazuli, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yazuli

yazuli Registered Member

Most of the time (about 8 out of 10) when I start up Windows I get the Acronis Malware Shield icon in my system tray but it is greyed out. When I cursor over it the tooltip says "Acronis Malware Shield is not started yet. Wait a while...". Well I wait and wait and wait for hours and it doesn't start up. I have to go into Component Services and start it there. Occasionally it will start on its own but most of the time I have to start it from Component Services.

I run msconfig and it shows, under the Start Tab, Shield is checked and under the Services Tab it shows Acronis Malware Shield Service as checked but the status as stopped. If I go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools - Component Services - Services (local) I see Acronis Malware Sheild Service listed with status as blank and startup type as Automatic. I have to right click this entry and select Start to get the service started.

Any ideas why the service does not start up automatically?

Thanks,
    Yazuli

2. werne

werne Registered Member

It doesn't happen to me very often but it does occur. I find the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall PES (current version as downloaded from Acronis update site). What would be helpful from Acronis is a explanation of why this is occurring so maybe users could do something to prevent this (Acronis Hint: along with your solutions, how about an explanation of what type of behavior you are correcting).

3. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

I agree. Uninstall it, but I went further and didn't reinstall. I was using the newest version, and it was driving me crazy with the bugs and weird things happening.

4. bkdragon23

bkdragon23 Registered Member

I'm having the same issue. I'll let you know if I come up with any solutions.

5. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi all,

If you want the Malaware Shield to install and run, I found that this method helped.

I imaged a fresh/clean activated install of Win XP Pro with the least amount of Applications installed. Install PE9 immediately and the Sheild is ok and ready to go. Then install all other Applications. You can, however, do a custom installation and choose not to install the Shield.

This issue has been flagged to Acronis Support on a number of occasions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.