Acronis Loader: No configuration file present

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by msacks, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msacks

msacks Registered Member

I booted up my laptop today and got the following error message:

Acronis Loader: No configuration file present

I've sent three emails to tech support 'support@acronis.com', and other than the initial automated response assigning a case number of 204317, I've gotten no response from Acronis Tech Support. If this is how Acronis treats it's customers, it will be the last product I ever purchase from them, and I will be sure to tell everyone I know not to purchase products from Acronis!

Sorry to be so rude, but I've lost an entire day at work due to this. :mad:

2. blueznl

blueznl Registered Member

did you use the recovery cd?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello msacks,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

The letter was delivered to our Support Team. We will certainly answer you within 48 hours.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Sorry for bringing this post back to the top but I wonder if an answer was ever found to this error message as a friend of mine has just found the same issue. He has e-mailed support but is still waiting. Hopefully someone can advise on the forum where the conflict lies and how to resolve this. Thanks

5. Acronis Support

6. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thank you - the fix MBR worked for my friend :)

7. Dark Reality

Dark Reality Guest

The same thing just happened to me on my desktop PC. I recently uninstalled Acronis Disk Director Suite 9 including the Acronis Boot Loader. I must say I've been thoroughly impressed by Acronis, particularly with the True Image product. However this blunder has made me wonder if the geniuses at Acronis ever figured people might want to actually uninstall their software... Maybe a better uninstaller that cleans itself up... A program that runs before Windows starts should be thoroughly removed at uninstall lest something like this happen to someone without a second connection to the Internet: you have the Acronis name coming up on an unbootable PC. Not good for customer relations. ;)

I will try to fix the MBR as previously suggested.

8. Acronis Support

Hello Dark Reality,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Could you please describe how you uninstalled Acronis OS Selector? Did you follow the procedure described in the User's Guide (point 1.5)? Please let us know if the MBR fixing doesn't help.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.