Acronis Loader: No configuration file present

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Maxxximo, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxxximo

Maxxximo Registered Member

I am testing TI11 home : if I boot from the bootable rescue media CD, it gives me "Acronis Loader: No configuration file present".
    My system is an ASUS VX2S laptop w/ Vista32, if I put the same CD on an XP computer it will load TI smoothly.
    I need this feature because I want to backup a PGP encrypted partition, so I might look for another product....:shifty:

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You also need the Boot CD if you ever want to restore. Well, you could initiate a recovery form within windows but it's going to boot the PC into the same environment as the Boot CD. So there's a question whther you would ever be able to restore a hard drive with this version of ATI -- at last until this issue is fixed.

3. Maxxximo

So shieber, can you confirm this is an issue?

4. Maxxximo

Well, if nobody from support is showing up before tonight, I will uninstall and test Genie Backup Manager instead..

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

What I meant was not that ATI has a problem here but that you could. With ATI, like many backup/imaging programs, restoration is done within a linux environment (this allows the prog to manipulate Windows system files).

The Boot CD loads up in linux. If you start recovery with ATI from within Windows, it reboots and starts up in the Linux environment, same as if you booted from the CD.

If you find a backup/imaging prog that doesn't use linus, then odds are it uses a version of DOS, which is what ATI does when you run recovery in Safe Mode instead of Full Mode.

Genie or Paragon or whatever is going to do the same thing.

6. Maxxximo

Got it!
    Believe it or not, pressing the DEL key during CD boot loads the TI rescue correctly! Must be something in the BIOS, dunno. For the records I've got a ASUS VX2S-Lamborghini.
    Would be nice if someone could explain all this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.