Acronis Loader: No configuration file found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cosjef, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosjef

cosjef Registered Member

When booting from a rescue CD, I see the following:

No Emulation System Type - 00
    Starting Acronis Loader
    Acronis Loader: No Configuration File Present
    Press Enter to reboot

I am trying to boot a fresh rescue CD from a Samsung SH-S183L SATA DVD/CD-RW Drive, and get the above error every time. Pressing the Enter key just repeats the message, and I cannot seem to hit F11 when I see the "Starting Acronis Loader" message come up.

This is a new PC that I have built, and my first SATA DVD/CD-RW drive. I can boot a Vista install, a Knoppix disk...all with no problems.

The drive I would like to boot into Acronis and restore to is a freshly-created RAID0 array.

Any idea how to overcome this problem?

Regards,

Jeff

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cosjef,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. jabbermacy

jabbermacy Registered Member

Did you ever get this resolved - I have same error booting from Samsung SATA DVD-R/W drive!!

Thanks!!

(yes, I submitted request - don't remind :)

IT JUST DON'T WORK:

http://img137.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=37676_boot-error_122_365lo.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  4. redding199

redding199 Registered Member

I have the same problem and went back to version 10.0 till they fix it or will get a refund.

5. elysium

elysium Registered Member

Was there ever a fix to this problem - as I am getting the very same text back whenever I try to create a bootable rescue disk..

i.e:

Starting Acronis Loader
    Press Enter to reboot

..?

6. Acronis Support

Hello elysium,

Please notice that the solution depends on the exact cause of the problem, which may differ from system to system.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the issue persists, please follow the instructions in my previous post.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  7. turbinespaul

turbinespaul Registered Member

Did this ever get resolved I have a new build on Abit IP35 Pro running XP on a RAID 0 array. I get the same error messages "no boot configuration files present" when I try to boot the recovery media from LITEON DVD-RW SATA drive. I have tried the latest True Image 9 and 11 and get same errors with both.

I see there is a patch that uses the TI-11 plugin on Barts PE but there has to be a better solution. Will installing and IDE DVD-RW drive fix solve the problem. I have to have Acronis for daily backups. I really need all the features of TI 9 including Universal Restore.

Abit IP35 Pro
    Q6600
    2GB Corsair XMS2
    2X-WD Raptor 150GB (RAID 0), 2X-WD Raptor 150GB (RAID 0), WD 500GB
    Lite-On SATA DVD-RW
    Windows XP Home Edition

8. uxb20

uxb20 Registered Member

any solution? I am running version 11 home on xp home. Same error. Very frustrating.

9. Haruspex

Haruspex Registered Member

Same exact error here.

Abit IP35

SATA Samsung SH-S203B

I have a RAID 0 Array and this message appears in TI 9 and DD10 as well.

Maybe it's a comp issue with the SATA DVD drive running in AHCI mode or even the RAID 0 array? Just a thought...

10. jabbermacy

jabbermacy Registered Member

OK, built my second IP35 pro rig - TI11 boot disk works fine, but no RAID nor SATA DVD on the second rig.... by the way, Ghost12 works fine on both, since Acronis obviously can't fix the problem I suggest you switch.

11. robdoujr

robdoujr Registered Member

I'am having the same problem with restoring from a sata dvd drive. Am using TrueImage Echo Workstation 9.1.0.8018. Strange because True Image Home build 11 detects the sata dvd drive without any issue's, this would be fine if I did not need the universal restore feature.

12. wsfnuby

wsfnuby Registered Member

Hallo!

I have, like many others, the same problem. I have found this forum but i did not get this thing solved.

I am using Acronis True Image 11 Home. To prevent a crash of my new Medion MD 8833 Computer, i installed Acronis True Image.

To make sure that all is right, i tested the Boot-CD created from Acronis True Image.

When i started my computer from the Boot-CD the error "Acronis Loader: No configuration file present" was shown on the monitor.

To my knowledge lies the problem that the Boot-CD cannot find the SATA-Harddisk. But i am not sure. (It is a Western Digital WD5000AACS).

I would be very thankful if anyone could help me.

13. Acronis Support

Hello wsfnuby and anyone experiencing the same problem,

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

14. Greyleaf

Greyleaf Registered Member

Hi. Since this thread is at the top of the list for a search of "No Configuration File Found" and WSFNUBY's solution does not show up in this thread, I am adding the information I found to "get around" the problem. Credit goes to poster WSFNUBY.

I am building up a new PC. My existing TI Boot Disk (for the past year) worked with my SATA hard drive from my old PC moved into my new PC. Then I took the leap to go to ACHI for a second SATA hard drive on my new PC. I completed my Windows update downloads and I attempted to use the same TI Boot CD to clone the drive before continuing my progress on loading more software. I got the above error message and could not boot my PC with the TI Boot Disk. WSFNUBY recommended going into the BIOS and setting the SATA drives to IDE which I did and worked for me. I was able to load the TI Boot disk and make a clone.

In addition, Acronis Tech support makes it sound as if they have a special ISO image of a "made for this problem" loader that they will give out to users. See message #5 in this thread
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=184134&highlight=configuration file found

I have submitted my request for the special ISO image just previously to adding this message so I have not yet received a reply.

15. cw3000

cw3000 Registered Member

I believe this problem is with the Raid0. I was booting it fine until I set up my computer with Raid 0.

Any update on this?

16. Acronis Support

Hello cw3000,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please submit a request for technical support with a brief description of the problem. You will be provided with a version of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media that uses a different loader.

Greyleaf, could you please clarify if you received the reply yet? If not, could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the reason for delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

17. Greyleaf

Greyleaf Registered Member

Marat. Thanks for asking about my situation. I have downloaded the provided ISO image and burned it to CD. I was able to successfully create a CD and even more importantly, this new bootable CD was able to boot my computer into the TI program - user shell where I can clone my main hard drive.

Another recent realization, just for the record. My previous computer with a SATA drive (which booted off of my original CD) was operating in IDE mode and not in a SATA mode which must be why it worked.

In my new configuration, with two SATA drives in ACHI mode, I am able to launch TI10 from Windows XP and initiate the Clone process. The TI10 application does this very well and does it in about 13 minutes which is faster than my old PC. I am very please with my present ability to clone my hard drive as a back up. This did not work so well on my old computer.

18. Acronis Support

Hello Greyleaf,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

19. person2006

person2006 Registered Member

i got a special one. junk. no good. maybe yurs will be a different iso.

20. Acronis Support

Hello person2006,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

21. Zeke77

Zeke77 Registered Member

I am receiving the exact same error with the latest build of TI 11 and Vista x64 SP1 updated:

Starting Acronis Loader
    Press Enter to reboot

My system utilizes a Raid 0 configuration with all SATA drives and ACHI enabled. System is:

Abit IP35 Pro
    Q6600
    2 x 2GB Mushkin
    2 x 250GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA Raid 0 Boot
    1 x 250GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA Data
    1 x Samsung SH-203N SATA DVD burner

My original Acronis CD does not boot. Created media from within the program does not boot either. I would like the ISO boot image please. Thank you!

EDIT 1: I had a spare Benq 1655 IDE DVD-ROM drive in the closet and added it to the system. The created boot media got me into the graphical interface just fine, however, when I initiated the recovery wizard, I had no access to any drives or the backup file for almost 4 minutes. After I was finally allowed access to the needed file, I was able to bring it all the way to the proceed point, but did not hit the button. I'd say 4 minutes just to get to the recovery file is a bit long huh? Could it be that it was waiting for a network response? (which I don't use). Too bad there is no option to disable the things you don't need to use.

Anyway, I would like to remove the IDE drive and use the SATA without issues.

EDIT 2: I was able to make a bootable TI flash drive that will get me out of a jam if corruption strikes my C: drive. TI would be of no use to me without some type of rescue media option.

Z :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  22. Acronis Support

23. evident

evident Registered Member

I have almost the exact same configuration as the previous poster.

E8400
    IP35 Pro
    Benq 1655 DVDRW drive
    4GB RAM
    XP SP3
    WD Raptor 160gb in AHCI mode

When trying to boot from created media with true image 11 and drivecleanser
    i get "No configuration file found" error. Interestingly enough, when trying to boot with true image echo workstation boot media, i am able to boot all the way to the network install part. Also, when booting with just the drivecleanser and without the true image home 11 in the rescue media, i am able to get to the GUI.

I tried contacting acronis tech support a week ago and have not heard a response to where to download an ISO.

24. Acronis Support

Hello evident,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Could you please tell me the number of your case you've received in Acronis Customer Support Department? You can find it in autoreply you've got after submitting request. This would let me check how the issue is investigated.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

25. evident

evident Registered Member

My issue has been resolved. i received the ISO image from acronis support in a timely manner after posting on this forum. thanks so much for the help, acronis kicks ass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.