Acronis Loader Halts Boot Up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jacquib, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacquib

jacquib Registered Member

Hello All

I am new to this forum - I have a problem with booting up my Win 2000 sytem, when it gets to the Acronis Loader a message is displayed press <esc> for menu, this looped indefinately. When I press esc nothing happens.

How do I disable acronis loader from boot up - i donot have a recovery back up floppy or cd - is there anything i can download.

If this has already been posted then can you point me in the right direction as i have look and cannot locate it

Thank you

Jacquib

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Jacquib, welcome to Wilders.

As your thread is in relation to Acronis True Image I have shifted it in to this forum where it will receive better attention.

Cheers :D

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Jacquib,

Did you by any chance create the Acronis Secure Zone (SZ) and accept the default option to also activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (SRM)? If so where did you create the SZ to - internal or external HD?

If "internal" then it sounds as if your MBR was corrupted when TI activated the SRM. This needs to be fixed. I'm not familiar with W2K but I assume you can achieve something similar to Win XP, whereby you boot into the command prompt from your Windows installation CD and run "fixmbr" (without the quotes).

If "external", then make sure you boot with the external drive connected and switched.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.