Acronis License Server problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HerrPaschulke, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HerrPaschulke

HerrPaschulke Registered Member

We bought a few acronis corporate licenses (german system). I got a ascii-license-file with the whole keys and also PDFs from acronis. I installed the License Server at a Windows Server 2003 SP2, it' s running.
    I add new licenses using the license file. The Enterprise Server license was acceptet, the other licenses (workstations and universal restore) were not acceptet, I also tried to enter them manually, but it isn't working. I'm always getting the same message "adding new licenses not successful" (in german). What's wrong wit the 35 workstations licenses? Or is the license manager only for server-licenses?

2. rs966

rs966 Registered Member

I have had the same Issue within our environment (35WS and 1 Server actual).
    You have to install the License-Server part from the Workstation CD in addition to the License-Server from the Server-CD and then its possible to add the WS Licenses.
    Also for remote Installation you have to install the Management Console from the WS 2 and then the Files for WS installation are available on the Server.

For usage for Server = install Server CD parts
    For usage WS = install WS CD parts
    For use both on the same Server = install parts from both CD's

Sounds crazy, but thats the way it goes with Acronis .... o_O

3. HerrPaschulke

HerrPaschulke Registered Member

unbelivable, it's working with this :) thanks...

one more question. How can I remove a trial-license from the license console? When I'm trying this i get a message that it is not possible :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.