Acronis laptop recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GrahamG, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrahamG

GrahamG Registered Member

I have been religiously making incremental backups to a 300gb external hardrive from a laptop with Acronis true image workstation. The external hardrive is using a Firewire hookup (but I can use USB if needed).

I did make a recovery CD. I have had a Malware problem which I have now cleaned, but decided to use Acronis to go back 10 days as an added precaution.

But I find when I boot Acronis does not recognise the external drive at all and only recognises the laptops C drive.

Question, should a recovery from the external hardrive be possible, did I make an error when I made the CD recovery disk?

Thanks

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The answer is yes but the Linux rescue environment is troublesome. See my recent post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=904373#post904373.

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

What version and build number? I know that with version 8 latest build
    (973?) and version 9 build 3677, the rescue CD sees my external usb drives that I connect to my laptop's usb port.

4. GrahamG

GrahamG Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.