Acronis Image Versus System Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ELRIK, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELRIK

ELRIK Registered Member

Let's forget about data. Let's forget a second drive (zip,hd) where you can store an image. Let's say you have one hard drive with two partitions. On the first you have installed windows xp.

Why it's better to save an image on the second partition than to try a system restore?

Two imes tha I had problems restore worked fine for me. But two makes you worry and think that maybe the third... So I start searching for sth more secure. I found Acronis image. Does it really do the job or it will create other problems like these i 've seen here on the forum?
    Which are the cases that system restore (or the last good known configuration) cannot help?
    In case windows don't start bootable rescue media can really help?

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hi Elrik,

Many people come to the forums when they have problems. And only a few come here to praise TI every time it has worked for them. So yes, you will see a lot of confused and angry TI-users here, but for many users it works just fine.

As to Windows' System Restore (WSR) versus True Image (TI)? Well, if Windows is horrible broken, like infested with virus, a driver that knocks out your graphics card (or you forget your password!), then WSR will do you no good. You might be able to get the system up and running with the help of your Windows CD and the Repair Console, but it is so much easier with True Image.

This doesn't mean that TI replaces WSR or any other backup programs you might have. Sometimes it is quicker to use WSR, sometimes TI is better. And sometimes my Retrospect backup is the best. But it feels nice to know, that even if my hard disk should go up in flames, I can buy a new disk, reboot with the TI Rescue CD, and feed it my 6 DVD's - and presto! I have my system back.

3. hectorsm

hectorsm Registered Member

That right. It can sometime save you hours of work. That why I bought it. It was taking me hours to rebuild a hard drive or setting up a new one with the system OS, drivers, applications, and data. Now it is only minutes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.