Acronis - Image achive is corrupted Error

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by nitrodrops, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitrodrops

nitrodrops Registered Member

Hi Experts

Need to seek your expertise

Version8.0 (build 774)

1.) Managed to create my LenovaT61 (WinXP) image into backup.tib1 inside external hdd1.

2.) Was restoring LenovaT61 (WinXP) image onto LenovaU460 (Win7) running VM (WinXP). At 40% completion, silly LenovaU460 (Win7) rebooted due to windows updates. after rebooted, LenovaU460 (Win7) VM (WinXP) hang and cannot finish restoration.

3.) Tried restoring LenovaT61 (WinXP) image onto LenovaU460 (Win7) running VM (WinXP) again, but encountered 'Image achive is corrupted'.

4.) Recreated my LenovaT61 (WinXP) image into backup.tib back into external hdd1, followed by restoring, still encountered 'Image achive is corrupted'.

5.) Recreated my LenovaT61 (WinXP) image into backup.tib back into external hdd2, followed by restoring, still encountered 'Image achive is corrupted'.

6.) Unistall/Reinstall VM in LenovaU460 (Win7), and including newl Acronis install inside VM (WinXP), followed by trying both images in hdd1 and hdd2,
    still encountered 'Image achive is corrupted'.

7.) Have run diskcheck on LenovaT61 (WinXP), 100% passed

8.) During image backup, laptop is not running any apps or in use.

Can any experts kindly advise?

Image archive E:\Backup\Backup.tib is corrupted. Please choose another file

Cheers
    Nick

2. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

I am afraid that you will either have to find another image backup that you created. If Acronis says that it's corrupted it will not use it. I have ATI Home 2011 from ATI Home 2009 and I encountered some that Acronis says it's corrupted that I ended up using another system image backup.

Have you validated that backup you are trying to restore?

Have you tried using that validated image backup before?

I always validate it and restore it to a spare hdd to check if it runs properly prior leaving it. I also have at least 2-3 image backups per disk depending on it's use and purpose. Normally when it's validated it will run. But given what happened to you...I am afraid (if you are positive that you have no other hardware issues --ram for example) that reboot killed your backup image. I don't know if other image backup apps will read it properly though. You could try salvaging what you have from that image if you can mount/explore it still..otherwise I think your in a fix.

Let's wait for other to contribute here. Also, try to visit the Acronis forums for tech support. See also Link 1 and Link 2 Link 3

Goodluck to you :)

3. nitrodrops

nitrodrops Registered Member

Thnx mate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.