Acronis Home 11 latest update not recognising SATA NVRAID

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gedrog, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gedrog

Gedrog Registered Member

I have read all over the web to find out if Acronis supports SATA NVRAID and Also Contacted there Sales team. They advised me that Acronis supports all relevant STA NV RAID controllers. Trust a Salesman to sell you sand in the Shara.
    Well here is my problem.
    I have an Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe Motherboard with a SATA NVRAID Controller.

I installed Acronis home 11 on XPSP2 and updated it to the latest patch.
    Built the boot media and rebooted.
    Acronis starts up and then NO SATA DRIVE. Anybody else got this problem
    Was this just a waste of money or is it operator erroro_O

2. Gedrog

Gedrog Registered Member

I cant see anywhere to add in Drivers neither is there during the bootup process a place where I can add driverso_O

3. Gedrog

Gedrog Registered Member

Just tried running it without the boot CD system reboots after option to select drive restore ( from within XP ) was selected starts the recovery environment and then crash dumps loads of scary stuff on my screen. Also It doesn't reboot whats up with this software. Acronis get a big Union award from me Sata NVRAID has been out for years now and still no proper support. May as well go back to driveimage and continue my woes in trying to get it to recognise my Sata NVRAID Drive. Might as well ask my money back

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have the same mother board with Nvidia raid. The only success I've had is with Windows based environments. You either have to find a program that uses these, or make either a bartpe or vistape recovery disk yourself, as has been discussed here.

Acronis will have a tough road getting adding these drivers right without extensive testing, as there are at least 6 flavors of the same drivers, and not all of them work with the different nvidia chipsets.

Pete

5. Gedrog

Gedrog Registered Member

Thanks I will try and get a refund and I have had success using old Drive image 7 and a dual boot system a bit annoying that Windows can work with different chipsets but these cant

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gedrog,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.