acronis home 11 dvd backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cygnus1, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cygnus1

cygnus1 Registered Member

Hello, I made a backup of my entire computer in the " secure zone" and would now like to put it on DVD. How do i find the archive. I look in " explore backups" and I cant find it. Is there a sticky I missed or can someone give explain to a new user how to put their backup on DVD, to be ran in conjunction with the bootable recovery disk. for windows Xp sp2?

2. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

It's called "secure zone" for a reason. You will not be able to get it from there.

Make another backup image and place it elsewhere.

3. cygnus1

Will do, thank you!:)

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You can put the Backup Image directly o a dvd along with the bootable files. In ver 10 the feature can be found under Tools/Options/Default Backup Options/Media Components. Then click the Advanced tab. I don't know if it is also there in ver 11.

But be aware that if your backup image requires 4 or more dvd discs, the process is very tedious. But the real surprise comes during a Recovery, where the process will have you swapping the discs in an out like there's no tomorrow.

5. cygnus1

sorry this may be a silly question but can I use a dvd-rw disk to make my backup?

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes, but to reuse the disk, you will probably have to thoroughly erase it. That can take quite a while. If that's the case for you, it may make more sense to use DVD+R or DVD-R disks which are cheaper and can be written to faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.