Acronis hangs, then restarts my PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alan M, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan M

Alan M Registered Member

I have Acronis TI-11 running on Vista Business. Yesterday my incremental backups stoped working and now I cannot complete a backup of any kind. The backup hangs with 2-6 minutes left, and then restarts my PC. Looking at the event logs afterwards I find an entry that says "The default transaction resource manager on volume C: encountered a non-retryable error and could not start"

I have the latest version. I have downloaded the acronis drivers and enabled logging, however no log file is generated. I've run chkdsk /r /f and defragged. I've also deleted and recreated my page file. Not sure where to go from here.

Daily backups are essential to me. Please advise.

Thanks.

2. Alan M

Alan M Registered Member

More...The last time it hung, before it restarted the PC an error message flashed which stated: The instruction at 0x6ce864ea referenced memory 0x6ce864ea. The required data was not placed into memory due to an I/O error Oxc000000e.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

4. Alan M

Alan M Registered Member

Still more...

I have no anti-virus installed. I also tried turning off the compression, and ignoring bad sectors. I was able to do a folder backup of my important documents so it is working on some level.

When I use 'show log' the last entry says "Locking partition C:..."

5. Alan M

Alan M Registered Member

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Microsoft are not that helpful - the error code according to them means

0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE: the drive went unavailable, possibly a bad hard drive, disk array, and/or controller card.

They advise and I quote
    That means in my estimation - throw your computer at the wall and turn it into an ornament. Have you tried swearing at it?

Colin

7. Alan M

Alan M Registered Member

The fix from that link didn't help. I'm trying a different backup location now to see if that will make a difference.

8. Alan M

Alan M Registered Member

Very annoying.

9. Alan M

Alan M Registered Member

FYI- this worked. Now I'm going to get some sleep and I'll see what can be done about my USB drive tomorrow.

10. Alan M

Alan M Registered Member

OK, my USB drive otherwise works perfectly. It seems that something in the Acronis process is causing it to hang right at the end of a backup. I tried splitting the backup into smaller files, and it created many of them, but still failed creating the last file. The USB drive is NTFS.

Any ideas?

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan M,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please perform the actions described in this previous post to enable Windows mini-dumps.

Please also create an export of the relevant Event Log entry.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.