Acronis freezes while restoring, please help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by torobravo, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torobravo

torobravo Registered Member

Hello,

I am using Acronis True Image v.10 and I am currently in the need of reinstalling the backup of my system (Windows 2000 with NTFS).

Unfortunately, while the restoration process starts normally with the Acronis Boot CD, and with an estimated time to complete of 35 minutes for 19 Gb of data, at some point it suddenly freezes, the hard disk drive to be restored stops working and I can only see the estimated time increase (currently it says 9 hours!).

I tried with 3 different backups made in different times, but to no avail.

No need to say that I can't believe that all my previous efforts to survive any hardware problem were just useless.

If someone thinks he can help me solve my problem, I would really appreciate his/her thoughts.

Many thanks anyway for your attention,

torobravo, Barcelona

2. torobravo

Sorry, Acronis version is actually 9.1 on this computer

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Run chkdsk /r on your drive. TI seems to need an almost "picture perfect" hard drive to run without problems.

4. torobravo

Thank you for your response. In fact, I did run some disk tests which didn't show any problem of importance.
    The backups were made through a network and I copied the .tib files on a USB hard drive in order to make the restore faster.
    I also tried to restore from the original location through the network.
    Both ways I had the same result: the process stops in the middle of the restore process.
    I will try to run chkdsk and see what happens.
    I am very disappointed to have always problems with my backups.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello torobravo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check if the drive that hosts the archives has Windows compression enabled, and disable it if it is so.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, could you please clarify, which version and build of Acronis True Image were used to create backups, and which are you using now? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. torobravo

Hello Marat,

thank you for your assistance.

After following the previous advice about hard disk drive integrity and even purchasing a brand new HDD, I found the note about the special command to insert when having a problem and it seems to work now...

Thank you. I will come back to you if I still have problems to restore my computer.

Best wishes,

torobravo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.