Acronis Email Back Up Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by milesy, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milesy

milesy Registered Member

When backing up my email, it appears that Acronis®*True*Image*Home® version 10.0 (build*4,942) doesn't fully back it up as the destination file is only 3k.... i know my files are heavy and this backu should be much larger in size. Do I have a problem with my software or am I not selecting the process properly. I have deleted the scheduled task and re-created a new one but the problem remains. Below is a copy of the log file:

1 Information 10/6/2007 3:13:45 PM The "Email" operation started
    2 Warning! 10/6/2007 3:13:45 PM Priority changed to High priority
    3 Warning! 10/6/2007 3:13:45 PM No user command was carried out upon operation start (completion) since no command is set by default.
    4 Information 10/6/2007 3:13:45 PM No user command was carried out upon operation start (completion) since no command is set by default.
    5 Information 10/6/2007 3:13:48 PM Create Full Backup Archive From: Applications and Data Categories To file: "\\Network_drive\disk\Backups\ThinkPad T60 Backups\T60emails.tib" Compression: Normal Exclude: Files matching mask Match criterion: *.bak, *.~, *.tmp, Description: "T60 email backup performed each Mon & Fri @ 3:30am"
    6 Warning! 10/6/2007 3:13:51 PM No user command was carried out upon operation start (completion) since no command is set by default.
    7 Information 10/6/2007 3:13:51 PM No user command was carried out upon operation start (completion) since no command is set by default.
    8 Information 10/6/2007 3:13:51 PM Operation has succeeded.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Never use it since I don't have TI10 but:

Is your email Outlook 2000, 2002 or 2003 or Outlook Express? These are the supported ones apparently.

Have you tried manually to do the operation rather than a scheduled task? Have you looked in the User Guide?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello milesy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- Exact title of E-mail client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, Microsoft Outlook 2003);
    - Quantity of user profiles;
    - Amount of the accounts for these profiles;
    - If the accounts within a single profile are of different types, please provide the amount of the accounts of each type. (E.g. profile [XXXX] contains three imap accounts and two pop3 accounts);

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. milesy

milesy Registered Member

Thanks Marat! I submitted the info you requested.

5. milesy

milesy Registered Member

Marat,

Did you guys send me an email? Have you figured this out yet? I haven't recieved anything yet via email and just want to make sure that your response didn't get deleted by spam assassin on my mail server.

6. Acronis Support

Hello milesy,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. milesy

milesy Registered Member

The # is 1187603.

I think when setting up a scheduled backup for "My Email" that Acronis TI 10 actually defaults to "My Application Settings" by accident.... instead of actually backing up the folder & files for Outlook 2002. The reason I say this is because when I go back into the schedulked task... the radio button for "My Application Settings" is marked instead of the radio button for "My Email".

To work around this, I am just bypassing the "My Email" button and choosing the "My Data" radio button to select the Outlook folders in the C drive that contain my .PST files. When I do it this way, the backup archive that Acronis creates is huge... like it should be.... instead of the 3K I was getting when choosing "My Email".

I hope you guys can figure out what the bug is or maybe it's fixed in Acronis TI 11.... hey maybe I could get comped on 11 since my 10 isn't working properlyo_O

Anyways, thanks for a great product, despite the fact that the "My Email" doesn't work for me the rest of this program has been flawless and has met all of my needs and surpassed my expectations. Acronis has a good thing going... so much so that I also just ditched my Partition Magic 8 (very unstable) and purchased a copy of Disk Director Suite.

:thumb:

8. Acronis Support

Hello milesy,

As I can see your issue is being worked upon. Could you please clarify if you received the reply?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. milesy

milesy Registered Member

I recieved an email from Acronis Support after opening the support ticket, and I have to admit that I am disappointed. The female who emailed me asked me to run the task and explore the archive and restore the archive which I have already communicated is deficient. Her advice is worthless and retard-- you gotta be kidding me. I submitted all of the files you asked for and this is the best resolve she can giveo_O? The archive file does not contain my emails or .PST files. I did not open a support ticket to run excercises in futility.

Still... no one has resolved my issue. And since replying to her award winning advice, Acronis support has been MIA. Hey don;t take this the wrong way, I am a good customer of Acronis... I believe in it's products... but this one problem I am having is not cool and Diana Stepanova's advice falls far short of what I expect from a company who makes such good products.

Here's the actual email she sent to me:

~Private email removed per the Terms Of Service for using these forums.~

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.