Acronis Downlaods/Update for TI 8 not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bearcat245, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearcat245

bearcat245 Registered Member

I have regestered TI 6, & and now TrueImage 8 and can't download the update. The download page keeps me at version 6.
    What do I need to do to get my paid for version update.
    I have a image issue going on and cannot restore.(In another thread)
    I really need to konw the following:
    1. Should I continue to update v8?
    2. Should I use a more stable version to retore?
    3. Since I get a "corrupt file" error and I dead? (this is very serious) :blink:

2. bearcat245

bearcat245 Registered Member

Sorry for the spell error on first post.
    I have tried everything to get a restore image to work for version 8.
    I need to restore from the imaged saved or I am dead.
    rebuilt just enough to have internet access, but do hve access through other units. I started using TrueImage 6 and upgraded to 7 before having a restore emergency in a RAID 0+1 envirorment. I have created a RAID 0 and am trying to restore, but still get corrupted error on the only image I have. Created with version 7 or 8. I tend to believe it was 8 since I have a restore CD created.
    All HDD are on line, but if I try to restore with version 8 I freeze after trying to "Restore". It happens at the point I go to select the drive, but don't get that far. A dialog pops up to please wait while the program searches for the HDD's. After a about 5 to 10 sec the program freezes.
    If I try with a previous restore CD (Version 7) It goes all the way to ID'ing the drives and hits me with "Corrupted Image".
    I have sent a report to Acronis and am waiting on their replay if I am truly SOL or there is a way to restore the file.
    Too many of us have been here and in my case one too many times is really the pits. :oops:

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

May I suggest that you delete the array 0 and try restoring to one of the drives as a single drive. Then your array controller bios software may allow you to rebuild (actually you will be creating with the freshly imaged drive as the master) the array after the restore. I would also suggest rebuilding the array after restoring but before allowing windows to boot the first time. This has worked for me but as always YMMV.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.