Acronis does not see hard drives.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jschlesser, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschlesser

jschlesser Registered Member

I'm using Universal Restore for Acronis® True Image Echo Server for Windows.

I made an Image of my server about 5 months ago, and have been making backups of the changed data with another application.

My Server has crashed (System Board failure) and instead of repairing this OLD system, we upgraded the server.

So now I have a Brand New IBM Server (System x3200 M2) with a Mirror Raid (Raid 1) SAS drives. I'm trying to restore the image of the old server (that has died) onto the new server, but Acronis does not see the new Raided drives so that I can put the Image (that I have on an external HD) onto this new hardware.

I am using Build 9.5.8163

Help!!

(I also sent in an email yesterday, no reply except the generic email: [Acronis #1790698] Acronis does not see Raided SAS drives. )

2. jschlesser

jschlesser Registered Member

So here is an interesting ponit: Acronis did not see the drives because the drives did not contain a partition. I formatted them, getting ready to do a virgin install, and the gut check went off ~ tried Acronis (from the boot CD) and there they were.

Restore is now in progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.