Acronis Disk Director Suite:

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tronic592001, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

Do i need to uninstall acronis true image before i install Acronis Disk Director Suite or will both servive togethere,also is the image disk function in Acronis Disk Director Suite and clone disk!!!

2. xpcomputers

xpcomputers Registered Member

Disk Director and TrueImafe co-exist on my machine happily... I know of no reported conflicts.

They do different jobs, so if you have a reason to have each of them, then you will want them both.

The second question is hard to understand. I think you are asking does Disk Director allow you to clone a hard disk. If this is your question, then yes it can. You can make an exact copy onto another drive (for example if you are upgrading your disk).

This is different from the "Imaging" that True Image will do, where it stores the drive image result as a single file on a disk, for later recovery.

Hope this helps

Mike

[edited for clarity]

3. tronic592001

xpcomputers hi

ok good i was going to d/l the demo but its not fully functional so ile go over to the disk director forum and read up about it!!!

thanks again...

4. xpcomputers

If you already own TrueImage, then you could backup your drive somewhere, and then restore it to another disk, which adds an extra step, but works excellently. I used to do this, before I got Disk Director. You can even resize the partitions onto the new disk using this method.

Disk Director will do lots more (look around the DD forum and the Acronis website for details), but might be overkill for what you need.

You could also look on the website of the company who makes your hard disk (check the new one first, if not then your old disk), as they often give away free software that will clone your drive when upgrading.

Hope this helps.

Mike

5. xpcomputers

In fact, I had forgotten (because I now use DD for the task) that TrueImage 8 now includes a cloning tool. So if you already own TrueImage 8 then you can do the disk clone from there. If it was only a trial download of TrueImagem then you will want to decide if you need the tools offered by either of the Acronis products.

If you just need a disk clone, then you might still use a tool from the disk manufacturers.

I can highly recommend the Acronis Tools though, I have been using TrueImage for 2yrs and Disk Director for 8 Months and VERY happy with both.

Mike

6. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

One difference between TI and DDS is that you can only clone a complete disk with TI while DDS lets you move ,copy and resize individual partitions without losing data. So yes there is cloning in both products but DDS is more sophisticated in the options that are available. And of course you have the OS Selector to enable your multi boot configuration.

7. tronic592001

thank you all for your replies and am double reading all aspects of this link;

cheers..

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.