acronis disk director suite doesn't load gui

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ogidok, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ogidok

ogidok Registered Member

after a successful partition deletion on an acer laptop, after os boot, disk director suite's GUI doesn't load, the exe loads in task manager and the GUI for several seconds as well but then suddenly disappears. the exe remains running !
    now i want to allocate the unallocated space left from the deleted partition to the primary partition. the one i deleted was also another primary but acronis was installed on the remaining primary with the os also istalled there.
    everything is fine but just acronis will not load the GUI.
    can somebody help with this issue ?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Sounds like something is corrupted. Does DD exist in the add/remove software list?

It might be worth uninstalling and re-installing and see if this works.

Have you in the mean time downloaded any MS updates or perhaps installed a program that has features that work in the background? These can sometimes cause the symptons you are describing.

Colin

3. ogidok

ogidok Registered Member

I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program but the problem persists. Then I decided to try norton magic, the interesting thing is that magic finds a problem as well but at least saying a possible reason, something like "can't identify partition's letter" and then magic doesn't load too.
    Surely I made quite updates so far on the OS, installed many additional programs I need, even installed a phonetic software keyboard for my language.
    I remeber I had recently a similar program with another program, that is the exe runs but the GUI doesn't. It turned out that I had to roll back to an older vbscript.dll.
    Now I just want to allocate the unallocated space left just with windows, and I am searching google but surprisingly I can't find anything for this, only that there is some windows disk manager but I don't see space allocation menus inside.

4. ogidok

ogidok Registered Member

I did system restore windows but the same thing. Then i made a research in microsoft.com forums and it turns out that I have deleted a proprietary partition that comes with the acer manufacturer (I think an HP propriety) configuration.
    I guess the only option left is to use acronis recovery expert to restore that partition and try another way to delete it later again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.