Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 doesn't support Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by andrealoc, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrealoc

andrealoc Registered Member

Dear Acronis,
    the truth is that Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 doesn't support a Windows Vista installation anyway. It doesn't recognize Windows Vista as an operating system.

Why don't you declare it clearly and unambiguously?

Andrea

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Where did you read that DDS 10 supported Vista?

3. andrealoc

andrealoc Registered Member

Where can I read that DDS doesn't support Vista? It's a fact!!!
    But Acronis avoid to inform their potential customers of this fact.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

When did it become expected practice for software manufacturers to announce which BETA softwares their software does and doesn't support ?

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Acronis has no obligation to inform customers that their software does not work with Microsoft Beta software.

But thanks for trying!

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Exactly. My question, was of course, rhetorical to make just that pont.

8. TheGeoff

TheGeoff Registered Member

Yes, but they should inform customers of their plans for Windows Vista. It's not as if Vista is an samll event. I'm getting frustrated by companies such as Acronis and Esset, not letting us know when to expect Vista compatible versions.
    We know Vista is in their plans. We understand Vista is Beta and the products you have operate pretty close to the metal so to speak. Once Viata reached RC status it seems more than reasonable that you guys could give an estimate on when we may expect a version of your product that "plays nice" with Vista.
    When searching for the Keyword "Vista" on either site, you'd think that Vista didn't exist. WTF? Put an easy to find blurb that says, "Product xxx doesn't work with Vista as of yet. We're working on it and will post updates as we have them."
    This lets your customers and prospective customers know that A. You're doing something. and B. By they can stop wasting time searching the web for solutions.
    I'm a big fan of Nod32 (Esset), Disk Director, and True Image. But I have to tell you this tight-lipped-ness about Vista support is really off-putting.
    I don't expect you to have a version for all the Beta versions of Vista, but I do expect to be kept informed of when to expect a Vista version.

9. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

I agree... you think such companies would want to try and gain market share, or a competitive edge by providing some form of vista support, an establish themselves as vista friendly prior to its launch...

10. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

I couldn't agree less. This is the time when software houses should be working on making Vista compatabile programs not the time for trying to support their existing customers who have decided to gamble with Beta software. Beta software should not be used for live systems and should be expected not to work well with other programs. I don't want Acronis and ESET wasteing their resources on supporting other peoples BETA programs. I want them working on providing new features and support once the new OS is launched. After all most people are sensible not to buy a new OS when it is first launched and businesses are certainly smart enough not to touch a new OS for the first year or two after launch. My business only switched to XP two years ago!

11. nuljet

nuljet Registered Member

Although they don't speak about it, I'm pretty sure Acronis has worked on Vista compatibility for DD since that April statement from the link above.
    They were probably waiting for Release Candidates to work on, and probably even started before that.
    After all, what would be the problems: mostly the UAC I guess, for there's nothing much new about filesystem; and there's that bootsector recognition without which for now OSS doesn't recognize Vista (although there's a hack).

Do some really expect that Acronis would simply kill DD after Vista?
    What isn't possible to do with the bootable DD CD?

Anyway. The fact is that there is no ambiguity as falsely stated by the original poster: Vista isn't listed as a supported os for DD 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.