Acronis Disk Director 11 Released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chubb, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

2. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

Freezes if you have a usb drive inserted that is bitlocker protected.
    Once again Acronis have not fully tested their products. - W7 *64

3. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Anyone using this? Feedback?

I've been using Acronis Disk Director 10 for years now - it's my main Disk Partitioning tool. So is it worth upgrading to version 11? Does it come with a plugin for BartPE?

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

I also am a longtime user of DD10. I have been perusing the comments on the Acronis forum re DD11 but have not purchased or tried it. Some of the limitations and problems brought up by others in their forum:

- The ability to hide / unhide a partition is not present.
    - The ability to wipe a partition is not present.
    - The ability to resize the clusters of a formatted partition (at least an NTFS one) is not present.
    - The diskedit functionality is not present.

The OS Selector component is included (was not originally planned). However, they forgot to provide the reactivate function for it on the bootable CD. So for example, if your disc's MBR gets rewritten, you cannot reactivate OSS using the CD any more.

One of the power users on the forum has asserted that the version Acronis is selling is the "lite" / home version, and that an "Advanced" version, supposedly including the aforementioned dropped functionality (other than the OSS boot CD issue, which appears to be an "admitted" oops), will be available in the future. However, I have not seen any official Acronis statement asserting that there will be an advanced version of the program (not that I've searched extensively, though).

They do apparently support the creation of a WinPE disc, in addition to the Linux version they still have. I have only seen a few mentions of this, so my info may be incomplete or not completely accurate. I did not see a mention that they include a BartPE plugin, though I would suspect they do.

I will stick with DD10 and evaluate DD11 once / if they come out with the so-called advanced version. I currently use DD10 with the BartPE fuinctionality (actually via Mustang's version of the plugin). I also have been using BING more recently (and use BING's boot manager exclusively).

Doug

5. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Thanks Doug_B. Disappointing news although not altogether inconsistent with the general trend of Acronis home user products...

6. ATIH Migrant

ATIH Migrant Registered Member

I used Acronis product for several years,
    upgraded to the 2011 / 11 versions now - and gave up on trying to use them!

True Image Home and Disk Director are not for me anymore!

I switched to Paragon -the Partition Manager (more exact, i got the Hard Disk Manager Professional) is better anyway ...

I am still not sure if i am happy with the Paragon Backup methods ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.