Acronis Disc Setup Disappears

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by S?ul, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S?ul

S?ul Registered Member

- Acronis True Image 8.0 Trial - Build 826 - WinXP Home -​

Hi All,

I'm a novice computer user and have never tried to do a backup before so take it easy on me. :oops:

I need to know if it's normal for my Acronis disc setup to disappear everytime I shut down or reboot my PC. I run two hard drives; Main Disk C & Slave Disc X. I created a copy of C as Drive F. It's Drive F that disappears.

I can explain it better with pictures, so here's a couple of screenshots...
    http://premium1.uploadit.org/SoulShark//ComputerManagement.JPG
    http://premium1.uploadit.org/SoulShark//AcronicDiscF.JPG
    Drive F always vanishes into never never land when I log back on.

Sooooo...Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Is it just because I'm using the trial version? o_O

Thanks for helping a newb in need,
    Søul

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Watch out. We are friendly and try to help which makes us dangerous. :)
    I'm not sure how you created the F drive. Did you use the Explore feature in TrueImage to create this drive from your image?

If so, this drive will always disappear when you reboot. It's not a real drive, it's a virtual drive created by TrueImage so that you can copy data from an image when you don't want to restore the entire image. You can't save any new information to this virtual drive since it's just a way of looking at the image.

If I missed what you have done, please correct me.

3. S?ul

S?ul Registered Member

Thanks for being nice and not throwing a lot of tech terms at me. They tend to go "WOOOSH!" over my head. lol

The drive was created by using the Explore feature. I just needed to make sure that the program was working properly. I couldn't find any info in the help file so I had to bug you guys. :)

I understand now. The F drive was created so I could check it out. It was never meant to be a permanent fixture. Just another tool. correct?

If that's the case then everything is fine. I think I'll buy it. It's cool man. :cool:

Thanks,
    Søul

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Søul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

"Explore Image" wizard allows you to make new drive with the content of the image. It is virtual drive and shouldn't remain after reboot as John posted. The virtual drive is the exact copy of the drive you would get if you restore the image. But the virtual drive is available in read-only mode, i.e. you cannot change files in it (this includes not only actual changing files but moving or deleting them as well). You may either read files from the explored image or copy them to another location on the real drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. S?ul

S?ul Registered Member

No...Thank You! I appreciate you taking the time to make sure that I was completly informed. If you're representative of how Acronis support treats all it's users then I'll have no worries. Keep up the good work Ilya. You're one of the "good ones". ;)

THANK YOU,
    Søul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.