Acronis deluxe& DVDR's

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by XtremeX, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XtremeX

XtremeX Guest

Is it possible to back up to DVDR, because it seems only to want to back up to cdr?

Thanks

2. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

ide use DVDRW's but as far as i now, the Dvdr mite not cuz thay need to be formated..

3. XtremeX

XtremeX Guest

Thanks,
    I was a little concerned because it only gave option for 3-1/2 or X # of cdr's
    I will try DVDRW < I was hoping to do it with lesser costing media.

Xtreme

4. XtremeX

XtremeX Guest

I am trying to back my entire drive and the DVDrw did not work, in fact my drive supports DVD+R DVD-R DVDrw and DVDR dual layer, I have tried all these formats and the prog still wants to use 24 cdr's. Any ideas?

Thanks
    XtremeX

5. XtremeX

XtremeX Guest

disregard the previous posts>
    After reading some of the stories and problems about using this software on this site, I think I will pass>

Acronis: Please delete my user info and serial#, I need a software pkg that use new technology(DVD) support and less beta testing by users.

Thanks anyway

XtremeX

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

7. XtremeX

XtremeX Guest

/QUOTE]
    Hi X,

It's simple to use DVD+RW or DVD-RW disks. All you have to do is format them first with your packet writing software. For Roxio Easy CD Creator use Drag-to-Disc and with Nero use InCD. Other software packages have their own packet writing that allows formatting a drive so that you could drag a file to it in Windows Explorer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, JMK
    That is why it wont work for me. With other things I do with video on my machine, I cannot use packet writing. But that explains why it wont reconize the dvd issue. I have resolved it anyway by using Nero and backed_up to 4 dvd's.

Thanks again,
    XtremeX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.