Acronis DDS 9.0 over windows, killed my computer

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by turius, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turius

turius Guest

I had started a windows update and stoped about two weeks ago, then restarted my computer to find "boot from C:" or "finish new install" as boot options.
    I thought I would try your product and see if it would help, well it didn't now it says i can boot from the partial install or the floppy so i deleted the partial install thinking i could add from the C: drive later, NOT THE CASE I can now only boot from my floppy drive, I have a few 100 gb's of info on this system and need access to it. How do I:
    1) uninstall your pruduct [Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0] or boot to my C: hard drive?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello turius,

Could you please clarify what problem you have and what do you want to do with Acronis Disk Directore Suite 9.0? Did you download a full version or a trial version of Acronis program? Please describe all your actions before the issue appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. turius

turius Guest

i do know about this F8 key as well as the F10, all from pussing keys years ago in similar situations. Therefore, back to the problem perhaps in more detail, I started to install winxp then stopped as the disk that i got from here winxpme was incomplete or perhaps i burnt it wrong whatever the reason, it stopped and now wants the 2nd disk which doesn't exist...
    Acronis was put on there after this in a hope of fixing the problem, I have 2 SATA drives on this computer totalling ~380GB ADDS 9.0 doesn't see the OS on those drives it only saw the partial install of winxpme and the floppy drive, thus those are the only options given for a boot. I have tried many hours to boot in win safe mode but i can't get to that page, i have changed the boot order to bypass the HD so that i could use "Ultimate boot CD" which has this linux insert, thanks whomever made this disk....
    Anyway, that is the problem and if anyone knows a way to get into the files from this insert that could be good, the Acronis sales person suggested using the "fixmbr" in the recovery console but i have yet to be able to get into that screen either...

I would really hate to have to reinstall winxp over the other stuff as i have over 200GB of info on this computer....

4. frankjmattia

frankjmattia Registered Member

if someone suggested fixmbr or fixboot from the recovery console do this - boot off of your winxp install cd. press R when the screen comes up to install it. from the command line issue the commands fixmbr followed by fixboot.

i cant really tell the nature of your problem because it sounds to me like youre 1) trying to use a pirated copy of windows... and 2) use english as a second language - and in that case, im sorry for sounding ignorant but i cant understand exactly what youre saying.

hope fixmbr/fixboot works for you. if you need to recover data i highly recomend the "r-studio ntfs" program. it works miracles...

now if only i can get someone from acronis fixing MY issue we'd be golden.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Off-topic personal attack removed - let us keep in mind that the forums are here to help people, not to belittle them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.