Acronis DD10 or EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional – Help Please

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by amurali, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amurali

amurali Registered Member

Hi Gurus!!!

I made a terrible mistake by deleting a terabyte data during installation of OS. I googled and found couple of programs “Acronis DD10” and “EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard (DRW) Professional”. DD10 available with a reasonable price also it has some additional programs. Where as DRW is bit expensive. Googling I read reviews on DD10 (not specifically with data recovery) that it has some negative comments. Some people says they lost complete data. Please advice which one is a good program to recover my lost data? Or any other suggestion?

Please…pls ..pls……. I am badly in need of experts advice.

BTW, the disk management shows it as ‘Unallocated’

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

amurali:

How was the data deleted? By fdisk, by reformatting the drive, by deleting files using Windows Explorer? The manner in which the data was deleted will affect your choice of recovery method.

It sounds from your description that it was by fdisk (deleting a partition) but I just want to be sure I understand correctly.

3. amurali

yes, that is correct
    During installation process, I opted to delete the partition first (selecting the wrong drive)

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

amurali:

Then you may be in luck, providing that you have not done anything else to the disk. Recovering a deleted partition is a fairly simple process because fdisk only modifies the partition table, leaving all of your data intact on the disk. Recovery software only needs to search the unallocated space on the disk to find the lost partition, and then write a new entry to the partition table.

Acronis Disk Director should be able to do this for you. It includes a feature called "Recover Partitions" that will search unallocated space on the disk for evidence of a former partition.

5. amurali

Thanks a lot for the quick response.
    I really appreciate your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.