Acronis DD Drive Mapper

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by keithg, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithg

keithg Registered Member

Hi,
    I've looked all over to try to find a useful tool in Acronis Disk Director that PartitionMagic 8.x has. It's called DriveMapper. With this tool if I change or move partitions around that changes the drive letter, DriveMapper will auto launch (in PM8.x) and automatically search and change the drive letter for Registry entries, shortcuts, etc for applications and files so that I don't have to manually do this on a case-by-case basis. Does Acronis Disk Director v10 build 2160 have a tool like it? If so, where is it and what is it called? If not, what are my options or workarounds?

2. Richkut

Richkut Registered Member

I posted this very same question today with no responses thus far. So, Keith, did you have any luck resolving this issue, as I am faced with a similar one??!!

3. keithg

keithg Registered Member

Nope. You're the only one who has replied.

4. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I am now only using XP but on my machine when either copying or moving a partition, DD10 does prompt (in a window) a choice box to 'letter' the partition. It only does so if unallocated space is available to either copy or move a partition. I don't know if this is the case with other users or is the case with the stand-alone version of DD10.

For the most part "My Computer", "Windows Explorer" and the "Defragmenter Analyser" all are corrected on these operations. Shortcuts are a different matter: I have yet to see shortcuts corrected on my system.

Perhaps it does so on other systems. Applications which I have usually 'know' what partition they are in, but not all the time (this is where the "Browse" function must be used to point to the correct partition).

As for the registry it is usaually corrected automatically in both "MSCONFIG" and in the "boot.ini" file once the partition has been recovered with either OS Selector or Windows "repair console" (depending which you use {or if you have to use both}). Other bootloaders I am not familiar with.

I am inclined to say that DD10 does not have the same capability you describe but others with specific experience may be able to clear this point up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.