Acronis DD doesn't see one of my HD's

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by A320, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A320

A320 Registered Member

Greetings all,

just reformatted my computer due to some OS corruption that some how had occurred. Thankfully, after reinstalling the OS after a fresh format, all my other partitions and second HD remained intact and everything was still there except for one small issue. I have a third 320GB HD that I don't really use except to back important files up and upon installing Acronis DD suite, I was getting error messages about trying to read sectors on one of the hard drives. After the program loaded up I noticed it wasn't showing this third hard drive at the bottom.

Disk Management in Windows shows all 3 hard drives but this one in question was showing as FAT where as it was NTFS prior to my OS reinstall?!?! Naturally I reformatted back to NTFS wondering how it ended up to FAT with my files all gone, but Acronis DD STILL won't see this HD. I have also run a chkdsk on it with no issues.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello A320,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director 10 Suite

We need the following information before we can give you some suggestion:
    1. The build number of the program you have;
    2. The disk type (model, interface);
    3. Sector numbers that appear in the error message;
    4. Does the same thing happen if you use the bootable version of the program?

Thank you,

Daniel Pustovoy

3. A320

A320 Registered Member

Hi thanks for the reply:

Ver10 build 2,160

It's a SATA Western Digital Caviar WDC WD3200AAKS-00VYA (320GB)

I don't get any error messages, it just doesn't show up in Acronis D.D. The HD is visible under 'disk management' of windows and show's healthy and is accessible via my computer and functions normally as far as I know.

When I use the bootable version, in 'safe' mode, TWO of my three HD's don't show up there! o_O (including the one in question in my post here). Only the FIRST disk shows up there. See below for more info.......

diskmgmt.JPG

DD.JPG

4. Acronis Support

Hello A320,

We would recommend you to update SnapAPI as it is described here. It will help you with the issue.

Please let us know the results.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

--
    Alexander Nikolsky

5. A320

A320 Registered Member

Sorry for the much delayed response. I had never received an email that this thread had been replied to on your last post.

Still have the same problem even after installing those driver updates in that ZIP package found from that link.

:doubt:

6. Acronis Support

Hello A320,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0

In order to investigate the issue please provide us the following diagnostic information:

(1)
    - Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    http://download.acronis.com/support/devicetree.zip

- Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and send it to us.

(2)
    Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your next reply. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.