Acronis cannot go into the boot menu

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by xfu5ion, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfu5ion

xfu5ion Registered Member

hi there,

i have a problem with acronis.. problem started with when i went to hibernation.. then when i tried to resume the acronis loader just sits there..
    u know when theres a blank black screen only the
    "Starting Acronis Loader..
    Press Esc for menu..
    Press F6 to skip menu.."
    its been stuck since, i tried to press on F8 to go into the safe mode but fail

Please help me out....

Cheers

2. xfu5ion

xfu5ion Registered Member

hi again..

i think my mbr is messed up.. i format the hard disk but still the boot black blank annoying "Starting Acronis... .. ." pop up how do i get the bios to erase that? i cant even go to the bios setting.. pls help.. :(

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Did you make a rescue CD?

If so, if this happens again, I've found the best thing to do is boot from the CD and re-activate OSS and let it reboot the computer before taking the CD out.

Now I'm a little confused about your second problem - you say you formatted the HD. I imagine you re-installed Windows.

I think your problem is that OSS is still lurking in the hidden boot sector. I'm not sure if a format would remove that or not.

I think your best bet is to make a rescue CD somehow and using that, either uninstall OSS or try re-activating it.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.