Acronis .cab file for BARTPE plugin

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Highplain, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highplain

Highplain Registered Member

I downloaded the newest version of BARTPE and started the .iso build process. What I found was that BARTPE (at least the newest version) is looking for a .cab file to load. The BartPE folder in the Acronis installation doesn't have that, just an .ini file. BART doesn't like that at all. The fix was simple I just rolled the contents of the BartPE folder into a .cab file and BARTPE imported the plugin just fine. I was wondering if anyone else had run into this.

p.s. I probably wouldn't have had to deal with this if it weren't for the lack of Intel Core2 Duo support in Acronis. Very large problem with the new :D machines that I have built for the company. BARTPE seems to be a workaround, but it's making me take a very hard look at Ghost for a networked solution, not to mention the very basic process of recognizing the clients HDD!

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You could also use one of Mustang's plugins http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/.

3. Highplain

Highplain Registered Member

Thanks for that Thomas. I created mine ostensibly for use with a standalone ATI 10.0 install. However, my networked clients are currently running ATI 8. I was hoping that the disk created with the Bartpe plugin from the 10.0 install would be backwards compatable with a ATI 8 backup on the network. Do you think that I should download the 8.0 plugin from that site and create a disk from that instead (for the networked clients built with the Core2 Duo especially)?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

V10 should be backwards compatible for restores of V8 images. If you create images of those networked clients with V10 you can't restore with V8. I would build a BartPE disk with Mustang's V8 plugin unless you plain to migrate all the networked clients to V10. Better safe than sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.