Acronis Boot rescue disk confusion

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JeremyP, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyP

JeremyP Registered Member

Having finally got hold of one (the option in my copy of version 9 does nothing!), I decided I should check that it worked. So I booted from the CD, got a message re Acronis in the top left hand corner, and then the PC seemed to boot normally, and skipped the Acronis restore use F11 prompt automatically, and brought windows up as per usual.

NO messages about what state the machine is in, about restoring, just windows as usual.

Confused! Can someone explain what is going on, and what should be going on!!!

Cheers
    Jeremy Poynton

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What should happen is that eventually you should get an Acronis menu showing the Backup, Recover, Clone etc features. You need to find out why the option for making the CD doesn't work with your installed version of True Image. Does your cd drive work with other cds? Maybe a re-installation of True Image is needed.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JeremyP,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide more details? Does Acronis Media Builder not run at all? Or does it fail to start creating the media? Or does the creation process fail?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. JeremyP

History - I upgraded to 10, and my backups atarted to fail with write errors/permission errors. Had enough so went back to 9. Option to make bootable media, as noted, didn't work, so Acronis (suggests this is a known problem?) pointed me to a download for the ISO image. I burnt this, booted from it, and whilst booting got writing in the top left hand corner of the screen - "Acronis something ... ", and then the PC just went to windows.

I am worried that I cannot recover my backups.

5. DwnNdrty

Are you using a wireless keyboard or mouse? Do you have multiple usb devices connected, including hubs? Just to cover the bases, run chkdsk /r on that hard drive. I'm also beginning to suspect your CD Drive. Can you swap it out, even temporarily?

6. JeremyP

No hub, but I have 3 external disc drives, one DVD drive, + keyboard and mouse on USB. Also an internal DVD drive. Will be doing a chkdsk on my C drive later today when a defrag has finished.

7. DwnNdrty

If the keyboard and mouse are connected to front usb ports try them on the rear ports. If that still does not work, and you have standard keyboard and mouse ports (ps2 types) try with a standard keyboard and mouse. And disconnect any externals while you try making the CD once more.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JeremyP,

Since you already have contacted Acronis Support Team via e-mail, could you please let us know your Acronis request # so I could find out the instructions you were provided and provide you with the further instructions?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.