Acronis Boot Loader

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by MClark, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MClark

MClark Guest

Hi. I recently downloaded and installed a trial version of Acronis DIsk Director Suite, which appeared to do everything i wanted it too.

I now get the message : No commands for booting operating system. Press enter to reboot......

Pressing enter results in the same message over and over. I 've tried pressing the F** buttons on startup but nothing seems to make any difference.

I intalled Acronis on my brand new laptop provided by my company as I needed to install windows XP PRO and wanted to keep XP Home that came pre-installed.

Would I right in guessing that the trial period has expired? If so then can you tell me how to boot my laptop now?

Btw, I have no floppy drive on this laptop.

2. Rick_G

Rick_G Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MClark,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please repair the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the hard disk booting from Windows XP Installation Disc (CD) into Recovery Console and runing "fixmbr" command.

If this does not help please use BOOTCFG program from an XP Recovery Console. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER. This command scans the hard disks of the computer for Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows NT installations, and then displays the results. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to add the Windows installations to the Boot.ini file. Additional information is available at this Microsoft Knowledge Database article.

If the problem still persits please temporarily connect your hard drive to another PC and create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Off topic posts including advertisements removed - please keep in mind that this is the Acronis support forum.

5. MCLARK

MCLARK Guest

I would hardly describe my last post as "off-topic" seeing as it contained the answer to what many people may be looking for....anyway now I've calmed down a bit:

My solution was to:

Create a boot CD using the Acronis Suite, (select all the componants) assuming you have access to a working PC!
    Boot your poorly PC using the disk and you should see a screen containing 4 options.
    One of these options will be to "activate" to boot loader program. Choose this and follow the on screen prompts.
    This cured my original problem and the boot loader program now works, and my laptop boots up fine.
    Please note this *may* only apply to the TRIAL version of the Acronis Suite....!
    I can only assume that maybe the TRIAL had expired without me realising and this is what caused it to stop working?!?!?

I did have other problems after this with one of my partitions being hidden, but i dont think this was caused by the Acronis software. Anyway better not get "off-topic" :)....

Hope this helps someone!

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MCLARK,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved and that you are satisfied with the work of Acronis software.

We will certainly do our best in order to provide you with the good and reliable software in the future as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.