Acronis Boot Loader Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by slipperx, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipperx

slipperx Registered Member

I have read through the most recent threads regarding this issue which do not solve my problem.

I am using Xp Professional and have Acronis v10 build 4942 which has not been upgraded or anything recently.

I deleted the Secure Zone as I am saving to a seperate disk and found it not to be useful. After deletting the Secure Zone through the Acronis True Image Wizard I get an error on boot which tells me the Acronis Boot Loader has encountered a fatal error and to press enter to try to boot. Pressing enter gets into Windows no problem. I removed the entry in boot.ini relating to the loader but this did not solve the issue. I tried recreating the secure zone using the wizard which appears to complete but does not create the secure zone nor does it stop the error message appearing. I tried using recovery console and doing a Fixboot, fixmbr and the other command mentioned in one of the earlier threads - all of which completed but had no effect on the error.

I am now thinking Acronis has done something to the MBR which is causing the error but don't know how to proceed. I am attaching the report generated by the Acronis Reporting Program.

Ian

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ian,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please repair the MBR using special Acronis utility.

Download special Acronis utility here. Use it to create a floppy and boot the machine from the floppy.

If you prefer to a fix MBR using a CD, then please download special Acronis utility here. Use it to create a CD and boot the machine from the CD.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here

The MBR will be rewritten once you boot the computer from the created media and confirm that you want to fix the MBR.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. slipperx

slipperx Registered Member

Great - that worked a treat. I thought doing it through system restore would have done the same thing but this method did what system restore did not. Thanks.
    slipperx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.