Acronis boot 9.1 freeze

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jlpicard1701e, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlpicard1701e

jlpicard1701e Registered Member

Hi, I'm tryin' to boot on a server my true acronis server 9.1 but the mouse is freezing and the keyboard does not respond.
    But it's working with an other server with the same mouse and keyboard...

Is it a problem of compatibility?

Thanks

2. jlpicard1701e

no idea someone?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jlpicard1701e,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, could you please clarify, are the mouse and keyboard USB? Does the problem appear at the selection screen, or after booting into Acronis True Image interface?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. jlpicard1701e

Thanks!

By the way, the problem appears at the very beginning of the boot screen of "Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1", the keyboard does not respond and the mouse freeze. Strangely, the "num lock" signal on the keyboard can be turned off/on but nothing else respond.

----------

Something else:

I'm a system administrator and I've got a lot of clients. Each of 'em have a server (windows SBS or windows server 2003) and of course those are configured with raid system.
    I would like to install an acronis version on each of 'em in order to make a backup, and restore from a boot cd in case of crash.
    What kind of product should I buy?
    Plus:
    Clients come to see me when their computer have a problem, I need to make a backup of their complete hard drive and I restore them on their hard drive when it's reinstalled.
    Is it a different version that I need?

Thanks a lot!

5. jlpicard1701e

Err... please?

6. jlpicard1701e

7. chapashop

chapashop Registered Member

jlpicard1701e,

My experience with booting from the acronis boot cd is good but not completely reliable. I have used my boot cd to backup/restore hard drives on alot of different computers. However, I do believe there is a compatibility issue with some computers. For the most part I am able to boot to either to safe mode or Full mode but there have been some computers I have used over the last couple of years that basically lock up. What I end up having to do is remove the hard drive and move it to a different computer that can boot with Acronis.

I am using a version 9.0.

David

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jlpicard1701e,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. You will be provided with an .iso image of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media with a different bootloader that should solve the problem.

For server operation systems you would need Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows (local backup creation) or Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server (management of backup/restore/other Acronis True Image processes over network) or Acronis True Image for Microsoft Small Business Server (mostly same as Acronis True Image Enterprise Server, but limited to Windows Small Business Server).

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows or free trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server or free trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guides.

Please note that according to Acronis License Policy you need to purchase one copy of the product for every machine it will be used to manage.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.