Acronis Backup Recovery not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sandy7141, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandy7141

Sandy7141 Registered Member

My laptop crashed earlier this week but fortunately I did an incremental back up the night before using Acronis True Image 10 Home. However, when I tried to make a recovery to another computer, I was not able to use this most recent backup and I had to go back to one dated 20/2/09 before it would work. The message that I got back was 'The selected file is not an Acronis True Image Home archive', though it quite clearly is!

Any ideas on how I can make a recovery from a more recent backup would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Sandy

2. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Sandy,

Try validating the backup within TI. I suspect it is corrupt.

If it is there is little to nothing you can do. One recommendation is if it's on an external drive, move it to an internal drive and try validating it again to see if it will validate.

Also, make sure you are using the latest (last) build of ATI 10.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Also make sure that incremental is in the same folder with all the other incrementals (if any) and the base Image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.