Acronis and wireless mouse??? - Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Stephen R, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen R

Stephen R Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image and Disk Director Suite. I also have a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard and mouse connected to the PC via USB.

When I start up either Acronis program from CD, the wireless keyboard is recognized, but the wireless mouse is not. Luckily I have an old PS/2 mouse that I can use, but this isn't ideal.

Does anyone know if this problem can be solved?

Thanks,
    Stephen

2. Bolan

Bolan Registered Member

Stephen R, I'm not sure which motherboard you have. I have an Asus P4C800E Deluxe. One of the BIOS settings is enable/disable legacy USB devices. All that does is load the USB devices before windows loads so you can use your mouse in a program like TI7/8.

Check your BIOS and see if A) you have that setting and B) see whether it's disabled. It usually is by default.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Stephen

Just get youself some USB to PS/2 adapters, that what I use. [they are colour coded.]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. dragonslayer2k

dragonslayer2k Registered Member

My PS/2 wireless optical mouse doesn't work with TI about 33% of the time, but you can totally operate TI using the keyboard.

5. Stephen R

Stephen R Registered Member

Thanks for your replies guys.

1. I have a Soltek motherboard but I believe it has the same options. I will check.

2. I have the USB -> PS/2 adapters as well, but the Microsoft keyboard/software didn't like them, so I switched to USB. But since then I have reinstalled my OS. So maybe I will try that again.

3. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

The bottom line after reading many of the other posts on this forum is that Acronis has really crap software. And the manuals too. You can tell they are written by someone who is not a native speaker. Must be the Russian connection.

6. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

I use the TrueImage bootable CD on a system that does not have a mouse. Just use the keyboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.